Amazon Music Catalog’s vision is to be the most comprehensive and authoritative source of information about music and artists in the world. We build platforms and verticals that allow this vision to materialize. We use state of the art technologies and Machine Learning algorithms to enrich the catalog metadata in order to enable the magical experiences Amazon Music is known for on Alexa. It is still Day 1 for voice, and the catalog team is in the heart of making this experience better for customers.
The Amazon Music Catalog (AMC) team is responsible for persisting, computing, reconciling and vending Music rights and metadata to other teams and services across Amazon. We process hundreds of millions of updates per day and our services serve hundreds of thousands of requests every second to all Amazon Music Customers. Our services are used in every aspect of the customer experience from search and discovery to playback and voice requests. We own critical platforms that makes access to the Amazon Music Catalog highly available and accessible.
The AMC Support Engineering team provides production support for tier 1-3 services. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks that will define your success.
Some of the key job functions
· Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple products, features and services
· Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Java, Perl, or shell scripts, and AWS technologies
· Software deployment support in staging and production environments
· Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance
· System and Support status reporting
· Ownership of one or more Digital products or components
· Customer notification and workflow coordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements
· Work with support team for handing-off or taking over active support issues and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set
· B.E. in Computer Science or a related field
· 1+ years overall development/technical support experience.
· Good knowledge of programming, Operating System and Data structures concepts preferred
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve productivity and develop defect reduction strategies using automation or creative processes
· Ability to understand technical specifications, distributed systems architecture and ability to deep dive on service/application logs
· Experience in working on enterprise level large scale n-tier applications
· Development Experience in Java. Understanding of XML/SOAP, web services, web application development, and industry-standard commerce systems.
· Experience in Perl, Python or shell scripts, a sound understanding of web technologies.
· Good knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system and tools
· Ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues in complex Enterprise Level applications.
· Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation