Do you aspire to be a world class system development engineer, and learn from experts in the field? Are you passionate about operating highly available and large-scale distribution systems? Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced environment and contribute to one of the most visited sites on the Internet?
If this describes you, consider joining us as an intern in the summer of 2021. Amazon is looking for a system development engineer intern to join one of our many lines of business. Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s brightest engineers who innovate every day on behalf of our customers. You will be matched to a manager and a mentor. Our interns will have the opportunity to impact the evolution of Amazon technology as well as lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design and code will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in security.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting.
Come chart your own path at Amazon.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Seattle/Bellevue, WA; Nashville, TN; Austin, TX; Greater Bay Area, CA; DC Metro Area; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Greater Boston Area, MA; Greater Denver Area, CO; Greater Los Angeles Area, CA; Greater New York Area; Irvine, CA; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA; Herndon, VA.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates in May and June 2021. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
As a system development engineer, you will/may:
· Use technology to solve problems, seeking input and guidance from team members
· Create or have responsibility to improve or invent small tools or applications
· Participate in team design, scoping, process, and prioritization discussions
· Work effectively with customers and/or internal partners to understand business impacts and identify any opportunities/problems arising from technical decisions
· Invent, refine, and develop your solutions to ensure they are meeting customer needs and team goals
· Develop an understanding of the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties, and dependencies of your team’s infrastructure, including hardware platform, operating systems, and build dependencies
· Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in math/statistics/engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline with a conferral date after September 2021
· Experience with coding, scripting, automating in at least one language (e.g., Python, C, C++, Java, Ruby, or PowerShell)
· Experience with open-source technologies (e.g. Linux, Spring, React)
· Experience with distributed computing, programs and systems
· Familiarity with TCP/ICP networking fundamentals and application of IP protocols such as: DNS, DHCP, NTP, SMTP, and SNMP
· Demonstrate understanding in the basic areas of computer science such as algorithms, data structures, object oriented design, databases
· Experience with AWS tools
· Experience with automating and simplifying team development, test, and operations processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.