At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are seeking a Category Analyst to join our Global Customer Fulfillment Procurement team and help radically transform our power solutions for industrial trucks to high-efficiency and low carbon sources across our global facilities.
This position will provide foundation and ownership of category analytics to source cost-effective and sustainable power solutions for our Powered Industrial Truck Equipment category. The Category Analyst will create fact base reporting with market intelligence insights and internal business requirements for development of key category strategy initiatives related to fleet upgrades with emerging clean power technologies. He/she will also engage stakeholders across Amazon business units and our suppliers to gather and report fleet and infrastructure data in support of meeting/exceeding Low Carbon Fuel Standards and our Climate Pledge Sustainability goals.
This opportunity requires an entrepreneurial spirit, excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and project management skills as well as the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, technical environment. At the core of the position is being a self-starter, having an analytical aptitude, and the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Research market and supply chain insights to make recommendations and support category strategy and supplier relationship management
· Analyze RFx responses to build cost models, answer questions to support category teams
· Align with the Category Manager to develop, measure and report category metrics, supplier scorecards and KPIs across spend, value, fleet health and sustainability objectives
· Align with internal customers and stakeholders (Operations, Engineering, Finance, etc.) to develop, measure and help optimize budgets, report total cost of ownership savings and progress metrics related to category sustainability goals
· Gather and refine network fleet data across business units to qualify for and optimize available energy grants and low carbon credit opportunities
· Manage multiple assignments simultaneously involving and ranging from data analytics and process development to project and supplier management
· Manage category item catalogs and process guides for use by internal procurement teams and other stakeholders
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business, IT, Finance or related field
· 3+ years of relevant supply chain and operations experience
· 1+ years of experience in Oracle, MS tool suite, Tableau, AWS QuickSight and/or Salesforce and ability to learn proprietary systems
· 1+ years of practiced analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
· Master’s Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills
· Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
· Advanced analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .