The Team: Physical stores tech is one of the newest and most innovative teams at Amazon. Amazon Books launched its first store in 2015 and has continued to expand in new locations around the country. Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart.
The Role: We’re looking for a senior finance analyst to partner with the Physical Stores tech team. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to lead and manage the finances of a business with a track record of partnering with business leadership to develop and improve the business model. This person will need to identify and help implement the appropriate level of financial controls, reporting, and org structure. Additionally, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of developing financial models for a wide range of business activities, be able to see beyond the numbers to aid in developing the overall long-term business strategy, and be able to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Take the lead in building complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance
· Establish scalable finance processes to support the growth of the business
· Design the mechanisms that we can use to test and iterate on our technology development
· Provide deep analytics and communicate effectively to senior business team leaders
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience with Excel and SQL
· MBA preferred
· Strong analytical skills
· Solid written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent attention to detail, the ability to work independently, adjust priorities and work in a continuously changing environment.
· Advanced analytical skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Experience building and managing Financial Models for business forecasting and variance analysis especially in an operational setting
· Experience establishing processes and coordinating multiple teams to facilitate timely and accurate deliverable
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
· Working experience with Cognos and Essbase preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.