Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Finance team! We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us redefine tech. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history, this is the place for you.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the AWS Professional Services (ProServe) finance team and support the next generation of cloud computing, further solidifying AWS as the cloud platform of choice and accelerating growth of the AWS business. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing divisions within Amazon.
This position will work closely with both finance management and key business partners to drive controllership, planning, analysis, and decision support spanning multiple services. Primary responsibilities include:
· P&L ownership responsibilities (month end close, variance and mix analyses)
· Lead short- and long-term financial planning.
· Compile financial results and conduct insightful reviews with finance management and business leadership.
· Build financial models for new business concepts and productivity measurements.
· Build and maintain models to support pricing decisions.
· Drive improvement in financial structure and scaling mechanisms.
The successful candidate will have experience in prior roles influencing business decisions and supporting senior management in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with advanced analytical skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects/competing interests. This role will also have regular interaction with executives and various business units across Amazon.
· Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 5+ years of finance/ analytics/strategy experience,
· OR master’s degree and 3+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· MBA from a highly regarded business school is preferred
· Analytical, financial modeling, and reporting experience required
· Advanced Excel skills
· Experience with data manipulation using SQL or similar tools
· Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of options and their implications
· Exceptional business judgment capable of driving a diverse organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic approach
· Experience with Essbase, Cognos, and TM1 or similar tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.