Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure. AWS World Wide Revenue Operations (WWRO) is a diverse team that supports infrastructure and other foundational initiatives that span and support Sales, Marketing and Support teams within AWS.
AWS Private Deal Enablement (PDE, a WWRO team) needs a creative, dynamic and results driven business intelligence professional who wants to build and create the data and metrics framework that will support Private Pricing globally. This role is a critical part of the team that is launching the latest services into the market and ensuring that our customers get to experience our full range of products first hand before they buy. This job requires a strong sense of ownership and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Consolidate and write weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews for consumption by PDE leadership. Business reviews summarize the operational performance for PDE, including developing KPIs and operational forecast and capacity planning for each PDE team.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify trends, patterns, correlations, and insights and present written business recommendations to leadership in a clear and compelling way.
- Develop standardized and streamlined reporting tools for PDE KPIs and metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- 6+ years of professional experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics position.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, using MS Word
- Strong data mining skills using SQL, strong data modeling and forecasting skills.
- Proficient Excel Skills.
- Ability to communicate data, at a level appropriate for the audience
- Relevant professional experience in an analytically oriented, data, operational role, or quantitative role e.g., business metrics reporting, finance, consulting, or marketing research.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience writing business reviews for Senior Leadership.
- Experience problem solving.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases and complete root cause analyses.
- Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concept and building new DW tables.
- Experience dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
- Expert understanding of best practices to handle extremely large volume of data.
Good understanding of the cloud industry.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.