At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, creative, and driven people. If you want to help make history and have fun, Amazon is the place for you.
Amazon seeks a Finance Analyst II to join the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team to manage Headcount and Stock Based Compensation (SBC), which is one of the largest expenses at Amazon planned at the corporate level. This finance professional will provide reporting and insights for company-wide Headcount and SBC to the CFO, Senior Leadership Team, Board of Directors, Public Relations and Investor Relations. This individual will own and analyze data in Headcount and SBC in our financial systems, drive improvement to the reporting infrastructure through automation, and interact with finance teams across Amazon to train them on how to effectively use those systems to explain variances.
Primary Responsibilities include:
· Design and provide standardized and ad-hoc reporting of Headcount trends based on different slices of data.
· Create insightful reports to explain monthly and quarterly drivers of variances between actual performance and planned Headcount.
· Help finance leaders understand the Headcount and SBC operating expenses.
· Ensure the integrity and data accuracy in the Headcount and SBC financial systems.
· Standardize, streamline, and prioritize improvements, and increase the reliability and efficiency of reporting.
· Recommend improvements and provide scoping documents for systems enhancements.
· Train business FP&A teams on Headcount and SBC financial systems, including how to utilize the SBC and Headcount tracking tools effectively.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proven capability of advanced analytical skills, attention to detail, dealing with ambiguity, and ability to manage tight deadlines in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial reporting for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving.
· Comfortable working with large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior leadership in a concise and actionable manner.
· Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills to managers and peer groups.
· Advanced knowledge of Excel such as macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, charts, and lookups.
· Experience in Cognos and/or a finance reporting tool is a strong plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.