Amazon is seeking a highly analytical and resourceful Senior Financial Analyst to direct the GTS (Global Transportation Services) Execution Finance team. We are continuously innovating on behalf of Amazon customers to deliver larger selection quicker and at lower prices. In this role, you will promote profitability and customer experience by directly influencing the development, planning, and execution of our transportation network. The role will require quickly learning operations to understand economics and key financial drivers, and gaining proficiency with Amazon data systems in order to conduct efficient analyses. You will be working closely with business partners, stakeholders, and other finance teams across transportation, fulfillment, supply chain, and technology teams to reduce cost, while improving customer experience.
You are a person who enjoys operating in a progressive, fast changing environment. You are able to process complex and, at times, ambiguous data, identifying and addressing key risks and enabling operations to develop efficient customer centric solutions. In your previous role(s), you have been effectively handling multiple priorities, effectively and clearly communicating with key stakeholders, coordinating projects with limited supervision, and effectively delivering within the agreed timelines.
Providing analysis against budgets and previous periods, identifying risks and opportunities, and effectively communicating results to senior leadership in order to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions; ensuring that timely and accurate metrics and forecasts are created and maintained
· Defining continuous improvement and standardization of processes, including implementation of best practices and automation initiatives, collaborating with technology teams
· Supporting month-end close and financial operating planning, demonstrating finance acumen and ability to quickly adopt to different business needs
· Handling CAPEX and becoming a recognized partner for operational process owners to enable transparent and efficient capital spend and reporting to define, coordinate and monitor performance
· Working on continuously improving controllership framework to evaluate and measure efficiency of our spend, developing metrics and reports to provide controllership to new programs, effectively identifying and coordinating cost reduction initiatives
· Preparing concise documents, tailored to various levels of stakeholders, and collaborating with operations’ leaders and other teams
· Mentoring and supporting junior team members
· BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or other fields with analytical focus
· 4+ years of corporate finance or related analytical experience
· A self-starter that thrives in a progressive environment
· Analytical, with an enthusiasm for learning and delivering innovative customer centric solutions
· Good English language written and oral communication skills with an ability to concisely summarize relevant data and convey results by effectively articulating complex messages
Intermediate or advance proficiency with Microsoft Excel
. Previous experience with logistics, supply chain or engineering
· MBA or other advance degree
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos, etc.)
· Experience managing teams
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.