Amazon is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Global Specialty Fulfillment Operations supporting our fast growing grocery businesses.
You will partner with an innovative operations team seeking to improve customer experience and drive efficiencies in our operations, helping to deliver the future online grocery experience. You will be responsible for controlling annual budget, analyzing, tracking and supporting cost improvement initiatives, as well as reporting and driving deep dive analysis into our operations.
This role requires strong business acumen, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and excellent Excel and data mining skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with bias for action who is comfortable with ambiguity, managing large data sets, communicating with multiple business partners, deep dive analytics, and who loves to drive system and process improvements.
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
· 5+ years of experience in finance, accounting, consulting, or a related highly-analytic field
· Ability to travel; 5%+ travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support
· 3+ years’ experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
· PC modeling skills including intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· MBA + relevant experience
· Management experience with demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to take on new assignments
· 1+ years of proven familiarity with concepts of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to develop new ideas, creative solutions and demonstrated experience implementing such mechanisms to result
· Previous experience in a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus