Do you want to use your database, data lake and data analytics skills and experience to contribute to society? Can you help our UK customers design, build and innovate their services through the transformational power of cloud?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a skilled and motivated database, data & analytics consultant to help accelerate our growing Local Government/Education/Not for Profit business in the UK. Organisations in these sectors face huge challenges in improving and expanding their services to citizens, students and beneficiaries, whilst managing with ever more constrained resources. Cloud technology - particularly new approaches to data ingestion, storage, processing and extracting insights, presents a real opportunity to transform services as well as increase operational efficiencies, and we need passionate, experienced consultants to help our customers realise those benefits.
You will be responsible for envisioning, designing and helping our customers and partners build and operationalise new solutions using AWS products and services. This will include the use of services in the storage, database, data lakes & analytics categories, as well as the migration of existing on-premises databases and systems to the cloud. Part of your role will be as the subject matter expert for AWS data and database products & services, and as such involvement in customer education sessions, presales and workshops will be required in order to build customer understanding of the 'art of the possible'.
You will be happy to roll up your sleeves, get stuck into the detail and generally do what it takes to achieve success for customers on the AWS platform.
· Expertise - Collaborate with field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Lake Formation, Amazon Aurora, Amazon Data Pipeline, Amazon Athena, Glue, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Amazon Kinesis, and Amazon Redshift.
· Solutions - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating consulting proposals and creating packaged data solution offerings.
· Delivery - Engagements will include onsite projects proving the use of database, data and analytics solutions across on-premises and cloud environments. Customer are looking to migrate existing solutions as well as the develop new architectures and applications in the cloud.
· Insights - Work with engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from the use of AWS services.
· Push the envelope – computing is reducing the historical “IT constraint” on businesses. Imagine bold possibilities and work with our clients and partners to find innovative new ways to satisfy business needs through database innovation, big data and business intelligence.
· Experience, or a desire to work in, the UK public sector
· BA/BSc degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Mathematics background preferred.
· 5+ years’ experience of designing and implementing database solutions in a technical role, using major database platforms such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL or PostgreSQL
· Familiar with one or more cloud platforms
· Customer facing and consulting skills to represent within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation. Ability to interact with Executive level stakeholders, as well as the people within their organisations.
· Proven track record of thinking strategically about business, product, and technical challenges whilst designing and delivering innovating solutions in an enterprise environment.
· Experience with on-premises, hybrid and cloud database technologies, data ingestion, data storage, real-time processing and analytics
· Ability to travel to client locations when needed (UK)
· Masters in Computer Science
· Hands on experience leading large-scale database projects.
· Deep understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
· Implementation and tuning experience of Big Data solutions specifically using Amazon Web Services.
· Track record of implementing services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://.amazon.com**
To all Recruitment Agencies: AMAZON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AMAZON employees or any other company location. AMAZON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.