Employee Services is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join the Screening Services team. Employee Services is Amazon’s people operations team, supporting employees from their first day to their last day and most employment transactions in between. Just as Amazon works to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, Employee Services works to provide the best employee experience to our employees around the world. Help us effectively manage change in our organization and engage our partners, including Amazon’s HR community, managers, and employees.
We are responsible for helping teams improve their processes and deliver the best services to our customers, Amazon employees. We are always helping solve real-life problems of Amazon employees every day. As we increase automation and transform existing HR processes, Employee Services will need a strong Business Analyst who can own and execute data driven initiatives to build scale, efficiency and customer experience.
As a Business Analyst you will support Employee Services in making high-impact, data-driven decisions. You will design operational and business dashboards for the Screening Services team. You will work with program managers, operations managers, and leaders to understand analytics requirements and develop solutions.
· Understand the various operations across Employee Services.
· Work with cross-functional teams to design, build, deploy the reporting systems, and utilize metrics to determine improvement opportunities
· Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple (often disparate) sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
· Develop analytics solutions (forecasting, prediction etc.)
· Perform data-mining and analysis using tools including PeopleSoft (Oracle), MS Excel, and Amazon Redshift to identify trends and recommend opportunities for improvements.
· Work in partnership with the Screening Services country leads to build reporting and other technical data driven solutions that support automation and streamlining of Employee Services processes.
· Support the development of frustration free processes by questioning and challenging, at all times driving to the desired end state and ensuring the voice of the customer is reflected in everything that we do.
· Capability to perform business analysis to identify opportunity and problems and ability to create future solution state.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or other quantitative fields such as Mathematics and Statistics, or equivalent experience.
· Experience in an analytical role with the ability to interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques to identify trends or patterns in complex data sets, and provide ongoing reports
· Advanced working knowledge of SQL, ETL and Excel.
· Experience with visualization technologies such as Tableau, Power BI, or AWS QuickSight
· Able to communicate complex messages and outputs from their analysis in a confident and ‘simple way’, and the ability to train others in technical/analysis skills.
· Technical expertise regarding data models and data mining
· Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing data sets (Excel, R, Python etc.)
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Overall 5 to 7 years’ experience with 2+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role.
· Experience in HR Operations, Background Checks, Recruitment, Staffing, Payroll, etc.
· Analytical mind set and ability to see the big picture and influence others.
· Strong oral, written and presentation skills combined with the ability to lead group discussions and explaining complex solutions.
· Green Belt Certification.
· Ability to manage through ambiguity where lines of ownership aren't always clear.