Are you passionate about using Big Data to build customer trust and grow new business? Global advertisers rely on our team's performance insights to drive future investment in Amazon's Advertising Platform and improve the relevance of ads shown to customers.
We’re looking for strong Software Engineers that can build upon technologies such as Elasticsearch, Spark, Hive and Presto, as well as AWS services like Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Redshift, Kinesis and DynamoDB to build the next generation of our analytics and visualization platform. If this sounds interesting we’d love to hear from you!
Amazon is well positioned to grow its share of a fast growing online advertising industry due to its unique assets - e-commerce data, service oriented architecture, and startup culture. Be part of a team of industry leading experts that builds and operates one of the largest big data analytics platform at Amazon. Amazon is applying the latest big data technologies available to change the way marketers purchase, track, measure, and optimize their advertising spend. We apply these technologies on terabytes of data (over 10B new events per day) and operate clusters that push scalability limits of the existing technologies. We seek to measure every possible signal indicating impact of advertising to provide the most objective result of marketing spends.
This role will involve designing and developing software products that impact many areas of our business. The individual in this role will have responsibility help define requirements, create software designs, implement code to these specifications, provide thorough unit and integration testing, and support products while deployed and used by our stakeholders.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software
· Programming experience with at least one modern
language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture
and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling)
of new and current systems.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Experience improving web latency in complex large scale environments.
· Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
· Experience mentoring and training other engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.