Amazon Web Services is seeking a veteran enterprise sales representative to deliver value for companies via AWS's analytics solutions. As a specialist sales representative for this fast growing, exciting space you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technologies that will have a significant impact on our customer’s technical strategy. You will work backwards from the customer's business goal to discover, define, and quantify. You will educate customer on "art of the possible" success stories and AWS enablers including data warehousing (Amazon Redshift), data lakes (Amazon Lake Formation), BigData processing (Amazon EMR), search (Amazon Managed Elasticsearch), ETL (Amazon Glue), streaming (Amazon Kinesis and Amazon Managed Kafka), and visualization and alerting (Amazon Quicksight). Then you will work with specialized solution architect to craft a solution spanning these solutions as well as selected partner products. This job drives through the sales process including pricing, handling objections and competitive pressures, and closing.
The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record and background that enables them to lead a sales effort that will include teaming with AWS sales representatives, solutions architects, and partners. The successful candidate will also possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact with business personas at the CxO/VP level. The candidate also has a technical understanding that enables them to easily interact with developers and technical architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory.
· Meet or exceed annual revenue targets.
· Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
· Develop working backwards analytics visions including business case and financial justification, potentially gleaned from earnings reports.
· Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS analytics services.
· Accelerate customer adoption of Amazon analytics services.
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline leveraging sales force automation tools and best practices
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption.
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
· Ensure customer satisfaction.
· Expect moderate travel.
· BA/BS degree required.
· 7+ years of business consulting or technology-related sales or business development experience.
· Direct field experience working with enterprise accounts.
· Experience selling to line-of-business leaders and Technology
· An MBA / Business background in finance, marketing. Experience in financial services is a plus.
· A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS
· Proven track record of success driving adoption of disruptive technologies within enterprise accounts.
· Extensive customer network.
· Experience selling broad Analytics capabilities
Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as leadership skills are a must. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
This position is located in Toronto.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.