Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) team is seeking an exceptional Data Engineer to play a key role in building the infrastructure to support cutting edge compliance reporting and analytics for GDPR . You will work closely with leadership to build new business intelligence solutions end-to-end and develop new tools to be a force multiplier for the broader compliance team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with big data sets and have the expertise to utilize these datasets to answer business questions and drive for best in class analytics, dashboard design and new innovative approaches. You will have the opportunity to interact with customers to gather requirements and build innovative structured reporting solutions.
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
· Build, and maintain scalable, automated, user-friendly tools that will support our analytical and business needs
· Has experience in building ETL using MuleSoft, AWS Glue
· Work with stakeholders within and outside of the ES Tech organization to integrate data sources and create a unified data infrastructure to support intuitive and user friendly tools
· Scope, build, and maintain data infrastructures for new initiatives
We’re looking for Data Engineers who have a passion for data and a passion for supplying their clients with that data. You know and love working with analytic tools, can write excellent SQL, can partner with customers to answer key business questions, and you are an advocate for your customers. You are analytical and creative, and you don’t quit.
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years of Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g. Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, and Data Scientist) with extensive professional experience and a proven track record in a role focused on understanding, manipulating, processing and extracting value from large data sets.
· Intermediate experience in relational database concepts with an expert knowledge of SQL, Metadata management.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
· 5+ years experience in dimensional data modeling, designing and implementing scalable ETL design and mappings, database query construction and data warehousing skills
· Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics
· Expert in writing and tuning SQL scripts
· Experience working in very large data warehouse environments and MPP DBs (AWS Redshift preferred).
· Experience working with
· Advanced analytical skills with passions on working with structural data sets
· Experience working with Amazon Quicksight
· Demonstrated analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
· Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby)
· Basic familiarity and working knowledge of Linux
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.