Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. Cloud computing is the kind of major shift in information technology that only comes around once a decade. If you want to be part of history, this is your opportunity. AWS is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day, but a group that operates with the full backing of one of the world’s most successful web companies.
AWS Business Systems seeks an Application Engineer with expertise in the areas of technical design, development, and operational excellence. Solutions must strike the right balance between precision and speed, providing ever more scalable and granular data models and reporting, without sacrificing accuracy or agility. This position requires a high level of technical expertise within IBM Cognos TM1/Planning Analytics.
On the AWS Business Systems team, you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously – you should too!
AWS needs individuals that bring the Corporate Finance experience AND the entrepreneurial aptitude to accelerate decision making and management of the business. Also needed is the intellectual capacity to produce innovative ideas/analysis and the willingness to do the heavy lifting to implement those decisions.
· Collaborate with business users, development teams, and operation engineering teams to tackle business requirements and deliver against high operational standards of system availability and reliability
· Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns and suggesting fixes
· Prepare runbooks, methods of procedures, tutorials, training videos on best practices for the team
· Build monitoring dashboards and creation of critical alarms for the system
· Build and enhance software to extend system, application, or tool functionality to improve business processes and meet end user needs while working within the overall system architecture
· Diagnose and resolve operational issues, perform detailed root cause analysis, respond to suggestions for enhancements, and create detailed recommendations for solutions to problems that impact code owned by another group
· Identify process improvement opportunities to drive innovation
· Rotational on-call availability for critical systems support
· 5+ years of relevant IBM Cognos TM1/Planning Analytics experience including system configuration, model building and developing reports or dashboards with TM1 · Relevant corporate finance experience exhibiting knowledge of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting functions and related processes · Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics or other technical discipline
· Demonstrated history of problem solving, financial acumen, and business collaborating skills · Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment · Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly · Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor · Strong scripting skills, e.g., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc. · Familiarity with other IBM software products, including Command Center, SPSS · Experience with design & delivery of formal training curriculum and programs · Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Visio, and SharePoint · Project management, scoping, reporting, and scheduling experience a plus · Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics, or a related discipline
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.