Do you have a passion for Life Sciences solutions? Do you have a vision for how cloud computing can help Life Sciences retool for precision medicine, drive deeper engagement with patients, and deliver more value to healthcare systems? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon Web Services as the leader in the industry? The Life Sciences industry is under pressure to reduce costs, improve operational performance, and are looking to the Cloud to modernize their operations. AWS is looking for a Globals Life Sciences Business Development leader who understands business trends impacting the industry, and is passionate and capable of driving market development with our global accounts, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions, enable the ecosystem, and address changing industry needs.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with C-suite customers at global accounts to deepen our relationship, working with strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events, leading the process to enable industry solutions, and creating significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS sales teams selling to global accounts to drive their day-to-day interactions with key clients. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including high performance computing (R&D, drug discovery), artificial intelligence and machine learning, and IoT, as well as partner based solutions. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by customers. You will also be a member of the WW Life Sciences leadership team to drive the global strategy.
The ideal candidate will have both a business or consulting background, with experience working with Life Sciences customers, with demonstrated experience interacting at the CxO/VP level, and with a good understanding of technology. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
· The right person will be strategic, technical and analytical, and possess at least 10 years of business development or program/product management experience in selling or delivering consulting services to the Life Sciences industry.
· Client experience and the ability to have peer-to-peer engagements with CxOs is preferred.
· Strong knowledge of the Life Sciences value chain (R&D, Manufacturing, Commercial, etc.) and the application of technology in each stage of the value chain.
· Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal, external and matrixed organizations.
· Technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
· Experience conducting executive workshops with life sciences exeuctives
· Prior experience bringing new life sciences industry offerings to market in a collaborative environment
· Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, IoT, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, advanced analytics (artificial intelligence and machine learning), etc. with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
· Education - an MBA is preferred; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math and/or Business Administration background is highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.