Consultant, Data Lake & Analytics
Are you a Data Analytics specialist? Do you have Data Warehousing and/or Hadoop/Data Lake experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale (billions + records) data challenges in the world today? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest data analytic technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At AWS, we are hiring the best Data / Analytics cloud computing consultants, who can help our clients and partners derive business value from Data in the cloud. Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to deliver proof-of-concept projects, conduct topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as Machine Learning, IoT, batch/real-time data processing, Data and Business intelligence. This role will specifically focus on Data processing capabilities and helping our customers and partners to remove the constraints that prevent our customers from leveraging their data to develop business insights.
As Consultant you will lead complex projects with autonomy and discretion, often involving multiple Amazon and customer teams.
You will work with customers and partners, leading them through planning, prioritization and delivery of complex transformation initiatives, while collaborating with relevant Sales and Service Teams. You will design and deliver solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, and in turn, enable breakthrough innovations. You will create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices and artifacts that deliver prescriptive guidance to customers, and publish and present them in large forums and across various media platforms. You will guide customers’ technical architecture and investments, maximizing alignment with the AWS platform, and ease of adoption as new services and products become available.
You will help customers define target business outcomes and related work streams, and lead the subsequent projects and initiatives to consistently exceed these goals.
As an Amazonian leader you will demonstrate the Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
· 5+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role.
· 5+ years’ experience of Data Lake/Hadoop platform implementation, including 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Hadoop/Spark implementations
· Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
· Experience with analytic solutions applied to the Marketing or Risk needs of enterprises
· Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 or more years of IT platform implementation experience.
· Understanding of Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem. Experience with one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, Avro).
· Familiarity with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto).
· Experience in a Chief Architect role or similar
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
· Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects.
· Ability to lead effectively across organizations.
· Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
· Implementation and tuning experience specifically using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR).
· Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
· Computer Science or Math background preferred.
· Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation. Should be able to interact with Chief Marketing Officers, Chief Risk Officers, Chief Technology Officers, and Chief Information Officers, as well as the people within their organizations.