AWS HR is seeking an Analytics Leader to join our team. We are looking for a leader with a strong technical background in data visualization, data architecture and analytics, as well as the ability to lead and coordinate the efforts of a team of skilled analysts, BI engineers, and data engineers.
You will design and create operational metrics and analytics that will assist in making decisions in our talent management, HR, and Diversity strategies. You will also apply your knowledge of business intelligence tools and processes to help scale and build the BI capabilities of the team.
You will partner across teams to ensure that our data is aligned to the strategic goals of the organization and you will be responsible for digging into the details for ways to improve the current state, expose new insights and drive recommendations that will impact the organizational strategies for innovative businesses.
In this role you will:
Lead an energetic and skilled team of analysts, BI engineers and data engineers, providing structure and direction while enabling them to develop the best analytic products on behalf of their customers.
· Partner with central teams to influence central HR systems teams’ strategies, representing the needs of the business units you support.
· Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to at any given time.
· Supervise the creation and implementation of new reporting and analyses: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Be a “doer” as well as a leader – be a data and analytics expert that your team can turn to for inspiration and assistance. Be able to produce individual analytics work products as needed while continuing to manage the work of the team.
· Master's degree in statistics, engineering, mathematics, or economics
· 5+ years of working within a related field
· Experience setting technical requirements for process automation)
· Industry experience with at least one statistical programming languages (i.e. R, SAS, Matlab)
· Industry experience using SQL to query complex database infrastructure
· 7+ years’ experience working with large-scale, complex datasets with an emphasis on data reporting and analytics, preferably in business operations or HR.
· Experience managing and leading teams with varied abilities and skill sets
· Strong communication and data presentation skills, experience analyzing data and communicating the results to senior business leaders
· Experience designing and developing business facing dashboards, and data visualizations in BI platforms such as QuickSight, Tableau, Shiny, MicroStrategy, OBIEE or comparable tool
· Experience with data mining and creating/optimizing operational analytics and data models
· Experience in data modeling (ER diagrams, database design) for ad-hoc, visualization, and analytical applications.
· Strong skills using Microsoft Office products, specifically in Excel.
· PhD in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Operations Research, Social/Behavioral Science, Statistics, or Computer Science
· Knowledge of fundamentals of database design and management
· Ability to create, maintain and disseminate information to senior business leaders for multiple projects/work streams at one time
· Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document and report preparation.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.