Would you like to help our telco customers leverage their vast data and deliver breakthrough experiences for their end customers? Would you like to pioneer the use of 5G and big data in the cloud as a means to help drive innovation and digital transformation? Would you like to enable some of the largest telcos in the world transform how they use data for predicting customer needs and preventing inefficiencies? Have you been a part of creating and delivering digital and analytics strategies for major telcos?
Telco Professional Services is looking for an experienced strategist to guide AWS customers in accelerating their journey to building data-driven organizations. The strategy consultant becomes a trusted advisor to our customers and shapes high impact digital projects, provides guidance on how to enable teams to use data effectively, maintain appropriate enterprise governance, understands the requirements of data science teams, and creates alignment among customer’s stakeholders to address resistance to change and provide a clear, executable vision for transition to cloud computing model. The strategist operates effectively at multiple levels of the organization and can address concerns from senior executives, data science practitioners, and established platform teams.
A principal telco data and analytics strategist provides guidelines on performance, scalability, management, and serviceability of products through assembling, creating and sharing effective content and best practices. As part of this team, the data and analytics strategist will work closely with colleagues in Machine Learning, High-Performance Computing, Internet of Things (IoT), and 5G/NFV teams to define and provide comprehensive data-enabled solutions. Our team collaborates closely with Account Managers, Specialist Sales, Solutions Architects, Training and Service teams to drive sales opportunities.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
· Engaging deeply with C-level executives to define and execute enterprise-wide data strategy programs, often becoming the “trusted advisor” on data strategy related topics.
· Providing tailored advice and best practices to help customers implement mission-critical reforms and advances in analytics roadmap execution, such as large-scale data lakes, machine learning capabilities, IoT, data warehousing, data governance, data security, and data access across the Organization
· Liaising with data management advisory council to provide guidelines and recommendations on business requirements, practice, and compliance to ensure organization business strategy, regulatory compliance, and continuity requirements are met.
· Defining modern data architecture and developing policies and practices to guide data collection, management, analysis, modeling, and reporting.
· Guiding data governance frameworks supporting the consistent use of cloud technologies aligned to institutional data and analytics strategies, and associated policies / procedure.
· Advising on organizational changes that support digital transformation and enabling the People change critical to sustained business performance: skills, capabilities, and organizational design.
· Creating awareness of various data related compliance/regulations and ensuring that consistent compliance with policies, standards and tools is consistently enforced, e.g. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), GDPR, CCAR, BCBS239, KYC, etc.
· Selling and delivering billable professional services and providing oversight on engagements, defining scope and execution approach, building teams and consensus; getting things done through others not directly under his or her supervision; and working ethically and with integrity.
· Training and enabling others in Professional Services to provide data and innovation guidance to customers and effectively position analytics engagements.
· Collaborating with other ProServe specialty teams to drive and shape data management and analytics solutions to accelerate our customer’s business outcomes, e.g. security, advisory teams, etc.
· Providing customer and market feedback to service teams for innovation and feature improvements.
· 12+ years of related experience in data management and data architecture
· 3+ years developing and executing analytics roadmaps, including machine learning
· Experience managing data operations, cloud computing, data strategy, data governance, metadata management, or data quality management discipline
· A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
· Telco experience
· Masters in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Math, or applicable field or MBA
· Experience on creating and executing organizational change management strategies as part of a larger transformation
· Program management experience, including planning and execution oversight, prioritization, successful project completion in a timely manner; and maintaining a focus on high standards and quality
· Experience with executing machine learning projects
· Experience with data architecture, data system and tools, related software, and data management policies and practices in a complex organizational environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.