Want to transform the way people enjoy music, video, and radio? Come join the team that made Amazon Music, Spotify, Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, and more available to Alexa customers. We are innovating the way our customers interact with entertainment in the living room and in the car. We are at the epicenter of the future of entertainment.
Amazon is looking for a Language Engineer to join our Natural Language Processing (NLP) team. We are seeking a candidate with strong analytical skills and language technology experience to help us develop language components for a variety of Amazon products.
As a Language Engineer at Amazon, you will:
- Develop NLP components: write rules, build grammars/FSTs, create annotation systems or mappings for the target language
- Contribute to the design of new features by extending existing annotation schemas to cover new areas in the target language
- Use modeling tools to bootstrap and test new functionalities
- Analyze system performance and identify areas for improvement
You will be part of a team delivering features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
· - Bachelor’s or higher degree in a relevant field (linguistics or language)
- 2+ years experience in computational linguistics, language data processing, semantics, or syntax
- Experience with language annotation and other forms of data markup
- Experience with database queries and data analysis processes (SQL, R, Matlab, etc.), and Unix
- Experience programming in Perl, Python, or another scripting language
- Expertise in building ontologies, taxonomies, and semantic relation frameworks
- Experience in writing grammars and building FSTs
- Experience with statistical language modeling
- Practical knowledge of version control and agile development
- Excellent communication, strong organizational skills and very detailed oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation