Interested in working on the Echo Show, Echo Spot, and other Alexa-enabled devices? If so, we'd love to talk to you!
Our team focuses on the software for Alexa touchscreen-enabled devices. We've already launched our two brand new Show and Spot products successfully in multiple countries, and are continuing to pioneer this new innovative area that blends touch and voice interactions. We’re just getting started, and we’d love for you to join us in bringing these experiences to millions of customers.
As a Software Development Manager, you will have a highly rewarding and visible opportunity to lead a team of engineers in the design, development, test, and deployment of critical new features in the Echo family product line. You will help craft and architect brand new experiences. This particular role will focus on Android-based visual design and mobile applications, though does not require previous experience in those disciplines.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 3+ years of industry experience.
· 3+ years of programming experience in Java or C++; in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environment.
· 3+ years experience in CS fundamentals including algorithms, runtime analysis, OO design, code quality.
· Excellent technical communication ability with peers and non-technical partners.
· Experience working in fast paced Agile environments.
· Experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life-cycle.
· Development experience on mobile platforms, preferably Android.
· Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
· Demonstrated ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation