Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. Echo is always ready — just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more.
Customers love what Alexa can already do. They are even more excited about her future potential. As a Senior Product Manager, you will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap for some of Alexa's language technology platform that adds value to our internal and external customers. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the platform, identify and evaluate new features for our speech platform and potential new product offerings, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly technical, analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
· Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy for our existing platform and potential new products and lead the development of a vision supported by internal and external analysis
· Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
· Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
· Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
· Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
· 10+ years of professional experience with 5+ years of consumer facing software product management experience
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
· Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
· MBA or Master’s degree
· Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with one or more of web services and back-end application infrastructure, machine learning applications, systems software development
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers in households
· Experience delivering solutions enabling customers to discover, install, and manage mobile apps and/or services.
· Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
· Experience with developer evangelism.
· High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
· History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.