Here's how to download and use Chime
- Go to Amazon Chime and click download on the operating system of your choice. Chime for Android supports voice only (no video at this time).
- Ignore the 14-Day Trial for New Customers message. This does not apply since your meeting is hosted by Amazon.
- Click Save to save the file to your Downloads folder.
- Open your Downloads folder and open the downloaded file.
- Navigate to your start menu and select Computer. Locate and select the Downloads folder.
- Double-click on the Chime.exe software file.
- In the pop-up window, click “Run” and the installer will launch.
- Follow the installer prompts and click “Install”.
- Once the installer has completed, click “Finish”.
- Launch Chime by going to your start menu and selecting Chime.
- From your Downloads folder, double-click on the Chime.dmg software file.
- In the new window, drag and drop the Chime icon into the Applications folder.
- Double-click on the Applications folder and navigate to Chime in the list.
- Double-click to launch the programme.
- If you encounter a message saying “Chime can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed”, click “OK” and follow these steps:
- Navigate to the following path: Apple icon (top left) > System Preferences > Security & Privacy
- Under the General tab, you can select “Anywhere” under the “Allow apps downloaded from:” section. You will be able to open Chime now.
- You might also be presented with an option to “Open Anyway”, so you don’t have to change your download preferences.
Once you have downloaded and installed Chime, you will be able to join a meeting.
- Open the Chime application — there is no need to sign in.
- Click on the Join Meeting icon.
- Enter the meeting ID that was provided by your recruiting point of contact via email in the Meeting ID field.
- Click “Join”.
- Once the Choose Meeting Audio window pops up, click “Use Mic and Speakers”.
- Click “Video” to start your webcam. Select “Screen” to screen share.