At Amazon, we are committed to and invested in sustainability because it’s a win all around – it’s good for business, the planet, our customers, and our communities. The Worldwide Sustainability team capitalises on Amazon’s scale, speed, and ability to invent and simplify to create a better and more resilient company. We manage our social and environmental impacts globally, and we drive solutions that enable our customers and our business to become more sustainable. The Sustainability programme drives customer trust and business continuity by ensuring respect for the rights of workers throughout Amazon’s supply chain and operations. We uphold company standards and expectations and seek to constantly improve the tools and processes that we use in doing so.
To support our work on food sustainability, we are looking for an experienced Program Manager to join our Sustainability team. The role will sit at the intersection of Amazon’s food businesses and Sustainability. The Program Manager will support our work to implement goals around sustainable sourcing. The Sustainability Program Manager will be expected to handle both day-to-day matters (constantly thinking about how to invent and simplify to improve), but will also be expected to strategise on longer term, program-wide initiatives. This role will be based at Amazon’s corporate offices in London.
Internal job description
The ideal candidate is:
• Enthusiastic and passionate about sustainable sourcing and food
· Experienced at implementing responsible sourcing programs, with good technical subject matter knowledge on food sustainability, (e.g., seafood sustainability, animal welfare, commodities).
· Technical knowledge on other topics such as packaging, waste, and social responsibility is also a bonus.
· Knowledgeable about external groups and partners on food sustainability
· A customer obsessed problem solver who keeps the customer at the heart of decision making on sustainability topics
· Someone with a keen ability to influence and form strong partnerships with business teams
· Equally proficient in Word writing documents as in Excel performing in-depth analysis
· Comfortable presenting executive level reports and analysis
• Interested in sustainability beyond traditional CSR programs
• A self-starter who over-indexes on ownership and accountability
• Energised by opportunities to work on a global team
• Act as the Sustainability team lead for implementing goals related to food sustainability, with a focus on sourcing, working closely with the EU food business teams
· Develop policies and standards and work with business stakeholders to implement
· Create operational metrics, track and manage delivery timelines, and communicate program status to internal stakeholders
· Be a point of contact between Amazon and external groups and partners
• Combine local EU needs with an eye on Amazon’s global sustainability program
• Identify/research innovation opportunities and write proposals/white papers
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
· Bachelor’s degree (Master’s or other advanced degree preferred).
· Experience and proficiency in project/programme management.
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
· 5 years of experience in food and/or sustainability (experience in both is preferred).