Amazon Games is seeking a Server Test Engineer to join the New World team. New World is an open world MMO that pits players against the haunted wilderness of Aeternum, a mysterious island in the twilight of the Age of Exploration. Please watch our New World Trailer at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKnUBs-Ko44&feature=youtu.be
What you'll do:
- Become an expert in the game's multiplayer architecture, back-end services and features
- Test and report on system stability and performance
- Leverage game telemetry to identify and troubleshoot issues
- Relentlessly pursue the root-cause of defects
- Prioritize and categorize quality issues based on what will have the most impact on the customer experience
- Advocate for the customer in discussions with development peers and QA leadership
- Continuously learn and remain curious
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- 4+ years of experience in overall software QA/testing/development experience
- Experience testing servers and services for an online multiplayer game
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- Experience shipping a AAA multiplayer game
- Experience with networking, databases and/or AWS services
- Experience testing e-commerce systems
- Experience testing across a variety of platforms (PC, mobile, console, etc.).
- Knowledge of: QA methodology and tools; software testing standards, methods and conventions; and the product development cycle
- Proven success in communicating cross-functionally and across management levels
- ISTQB (or equivalent qualification) a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.