Amazon One is a brand-new, contact less identity service, with an easy to use interface, aimed at unlocking the world with just your palm. Our engineering teams are creating innovative solutions, which give time, safety and convenience back to you, our future customer, while pushing the bounds of AI and deep learning capabilities to deliver the best-in-class brick and mortar customer experiences. Visit https://one.amazon.com/ to learn more about the service.
As an emerging technology with very wide applicability and scope for massive growth, Amazon One needs to tackle problems that span a variety of technology domains like computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and highly available and scalable cloud systems.
The Enterprise Experience team in Amazon One will own all the software and systems that will enable the success of enterprise customers who partner with us to deploy our devices in their facilities. Broadly, this covers all aspects of provisioning, securing, monitoring and managing fleets of Android devices and the applications that run on them. This team will be a key enabler for achieving ubiquitous presence of the Amazon One service in all markets.
As a senior software development engineer in the Enterprise Experience team, you will
· Work closely with business and product teams, provide technical input and translate requirements into sustainable technical design
· Breakdown the design into deliverable work items and assignments that can be delivered incrementally
· Stay abreast of technology trends and carefully evaluate technology choices and dependencies to make “build vs. buy” decisions to advance the state of the art
· Write critical portions of code and maintain a high bar for code hygiene, code reviews and quality for the team
· Mentor other engineers and model good software engineering and team practices
· Monitor the operation of production services and raise the bar on operational excellence
· Be comfortable with ambiguity, learn and adapt to drive clarity and exercise high level of judgement in decision making
Work/Life Harmony: Our team values work-life harmony. We offer flexibility in working hours/locations and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, inform your recruiter.
Internal Job Description
Amazon One is your chance to get in on the ground floor of a game-changing initiative. While you’ll be able to use existing Amazon systems when possible, you’ll be working on challenging problems that most likely have no off-the-shelf solutions within Amazon, and most likely haven’t been solved anywhere else in the world to the requirements we need. You should be comfortable building prototypes, challenging assumptions and thinking of creative ways to tackle problems.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
· 8+ years of software development experience, with exposure to building, deploying and operating scalable, highly-available multi-tiered distributed applications
· High proficiency in architecture and system design and writing functional/design specifications
· High proficiency in web-services, server-side development and/or front-end development
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience working across time zones and cultures
· Experience building products and services from the ground up.
· Experience with AWS cloud services, containers, lambda etc.
· Experience with incremental build out of functionality using techniques like feature flags.
· Familiarity with management/control plane systems